1.13.12.9: phenylalanine 2-monooxygenase

This is an abbreviated version!
For detailed information about phenylalanine 2-monooxygenase, go to the full flat file.

Word Map on EC 1.13.12.9

Reaction

L-phenylalanine
+
O2
=
2-phenylacetamide
+
CO2
+
H2O

Synonyms

CC-LPOX, L-Phe oxidase, L-phenylalanine oxidase, L-phenylalanine oxidase (deaminating and decarboxylating), oxidase, phenylalanine (deaminating, decarboxylating), PAOpt, proPAO

ECTree

     1 Oxidoreductases
         1.13 Acting on single donors with incorporation of molecular oxygen (oxygenases)
             1.13.12 With incorporation of one atom of oxygen (internal monooxygenases or internal mixed-function oxidases)
                1.13.12.9 phenylalanine 2-monooxygenase

Systematic Name

Systematic Name on EC 1.13.12.9 - phenylalanine 2-monooxygenase

Please wait a moment until all data is loaded. This message will disappear when all data is loaded.
SYSTEMATIC NAME
IUBMB Comments
L-phenylalanine:oxygen 2-oxidoreductase (decarboxylating)
The reaction shown above is about 80% of the reaction catalysed; the remaining 20% is:     L-phenylalanine + O2 + H2O = 3-phenylpyruvic acid + ammonia + H2O2 a reaction similar to that of EC 1.4.3.2, L-amino-acid oxidase.